Monday, October 11, 2010

#17 Making the Jamestown video by Walt Barrett

     This was a fairly simple video to make.  Yesterday Nancy and I drove over the Jamestown Bridge to Jamestown Island.  It's a beautiful quiet Island in the middle of Narragansett Bay in Rhode Island.  We walked and drove all over the island and I snapped some decent quality digital still shots of everything in site.  When we got home I loaded all the shots into Windows Live Photo Gallery and used the built in software found under the heading of Fix to color correct and straighten out all the photos.  This soft ware is free with windows 7 or you can download it FREE off the web site www.microsoft.com .  It's part of the free windows live collection.
This software also allows to digitally manipulate your photos by over tinting and plating with the contrast control.  I would encourage to to experiment with all of the settings for color correcting and editing photos.  Some people prefer to look at altered versions of a land scape or a Sunset etc. Then I used the video editing software and dropped in a suitable piece of music.  My Pinnacle software allows me to fit a score to the exact length of the video.  I then saved the file with a 1080i format.  If you need any help or technical advice about your photography or video just drop me a comment or an email at: wbarrett1@aol.com   I'll get to you as quickly as I can.
Thanks,
Walt
This video plays great at full screen.

2 comments:

  1. Hi thanks for your response on setting my ratio to 16:9
    I also two Panasonic AG pro 3ccd cameras , I'm guessing like yours. As far as lighting for indoors what's a good source other than the expensive lights.
    And that brings me to sound , with the professional crew I hired there is this bad echo through out filming which wasn't caught until editing , any ideas on that . I'll send you a link .
    Chaz

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Chaz,
    I hope you will join our blog. I am going to email you for a clip with the worst problems in sound and I will see if it can be managed.
    Thanks,
    Walt

    ReplyDelete