Wednesday, October 6, 2010

# 14 Why I work with slides a lot in my videos by Walt Barrett

   I like to work with stills in my videos for several reasons.  
1. They are usually much clearer than video.
2. They are faster to color correct and manipulate digitally.
3.  They take up less space on the video server because they are not moving, cut down on the pixel count, and are only one frame that you can easily lengthen, or shorten on the film piece.  This is usually done by dragging the frame longer, or shorter in the editing line.  That way you can control the slide duration time without effecting the length of the other scenes. It is also very handy for syncing in voice overs too so they will match up with and last for the particular frame.
4.  Stills are very useful for commercials and also for scenic videos with no motion required in the scene.
They can also save you a lot of time.  I use them a lot.
Walt
          Click photo to enlarge




No comments:

Post a Comment