Thursday, September 23, 2010

#1 Welcome to my Blog and what equipment is suggested to participate by Walt Barrett

Entry # 1  If you are new, please follow these entries in order or you will not be able to follow the program.  The course is 100% free
Welcome to my new Blog.  I started by making photos in 1940 and never looked back.  It's a great way to to get away from it all, and let off a little steam.  If you want to learn how to make and edit videos, then this is a good place to start.   I'm making it very low budget and with what you learn here you will be well on your way to making a living in the movie business.  I believe that whatever ever your reasons are you will benefit from this blog.  I certainly hope so.  Now let's get down to business.
   You will need an inexpensive digital camera, new or used. Either video, or still type.  It does not matter as you can make some really neat video slide shows with sound like music and voice over with a digital still camera.  For video, you really should have a tripod. It does not have to be expensive at this point.  No one likes shaky video and for me, it's a total turn off.  A microphone for voice overs is also necessary.  I'm going to recommend a free editing program download in a day or two, but for now, Picasa and Windows live Photo Gallery both make excellent slide show videos and music can be added.   Please feel free to comment about any good free editor for beginners.
  Remember, your camera must be digital.  We are going to start off with very basic information.  So if you are advanced you may want to help me by contributing your comments.  We can all benefit from that.  I do not claim to know all the answers, and there are a lot of younger people out there that can run circles around me, but they are not writing a blog to teach raw beginners.  Please be patient with me as I also have to run a bunch of companies on a daily basis.  You comments and questions will help to hold interest in our Blog.  Please click on FOLLOW in the right margin if you intend to follow our Blog.  
   One more thing, very honestly, your comments show your interest in the Blog.  If we do not get any comments or questions there is no point in doing the blog.
There is a lot more coming, believe me.
Thanks,
Walt

No comments:

Post a Comment